Thursday, April 14, 2011

Crafty Weekend at the Gorilla

Last weekend a couple of friends joined me at the Gorilla for a "girls weekend of crafting."  We had big fun relaxing, laughing and eating chocolate (before and after dinner...and breakfast...and lunch)!

I didn't get 101 cards made like Dixie, but I'm "ok" with that!  I had just as much fun with the 3 cards I made...


My main objective was to make my interpretation of S&S sketch #63 even though I had already missed the deadline (that would be the top card). Thank you, Dixie, for the flat bling!  I have to get some of those. 

Card bottom left: I was simply playing with the Distress Ink and water resistance technique.  In the center of the flowers I used Black Diamond Stickles.

Card bottom right: I was playing with a new embossing folder.  I am very tempted to say this is my interpretation of this week's S&S sketch #64.  But I still have time to perhaps come up with a second card.  The body of the butterfly was punched in black then covered in diamond glaze not only for a little "pop" but to help make the antennae a little more stable. Only three areas of the wings are popped with dimensional adhesive.


Thanks for reading!  I hope there's lots of card making and crafting going on this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!