Sunday, February 13, 2011

Multi-tasking again

Having been a little under the weather the last few days, and feeling much better today, I couldn't wait to get to my craft area and do something fun.  Last Wednesday's MWTD was to use Red, White, Blue & Kraft and this is today's Sunday Sketch Challenge both from Stars & Stamps. Thank you Tricia for the sketch!

Here's my interpretation...

The background is Basic Grey's "basics kraft paper" and the red, white and blue are generic card stock.  The dragonfly is double punched, once in kraft and again in black (punch from Paper Studios).  Wanting to create a shadow effect, I glued the black one down flat then popped the kraft one on top.  Since it would be hard to pop such a slender tail, I decided to glue it flat onto the black so hopefully it won't get damaged in transit.

If it's not too late, this card may also be finding it's way to Sandy for a special request by a Hero's Mom.

Have a wonderful day.  Thanks for stopping by.  Now go get crafty! The East Coast Shipper needs you!

9 comments:

  1. Love the clean and simple look. Thanks for the shadow idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! You made great use of today's sketch too, I'm going to take your advice and go get crafty! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown color challenge at Operation Write Home this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the multitasking Wendy. I think that's what I have to aim fro from now on combining challenges. The extra piece you used to create the shadow is a great idea. It adds a lot of dimension. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Wendy! I love how your shadowed the dragonfly - it's a great effect. Thanks for joining us at the OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You are on it! You nailed both challenges and made a gender neutral card too. Amazing! The East Coast Shipper appreciates you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love this dragonfly punch you used, and giving it the shadow effect really makes it pop! I love the interest you added with 2 rounded corners too! Your card is a C&S beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually like what you did with the dragonfly's tail - it looks very realistic. The shadow is brilliant,too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! So great! And i'm so glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card. Thanks for the tip to use a black background of dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!