Saturday, July 24, 2010

S&S Sketch Challenge 26 & The Dragonfly

Woo-Hoo!  I've managed to participate in an S&S Challenge and get it posted!

I've had this Hero Arts "Silhouette Spray" stamp for several months and never used it.  (isn't that illegal?)  Anyway, I stamped it using Adirondack Bottle Green then colored the tips with the best ever white gel pen, the Uni-Ball Signo "Impact White."  Love this pen.  The patterned paper is from a very old paper pack from DCWV's "Old World."  The jury is still out on which is most favored, the green or the pink...



The Dragonfly:
I've been looking for the perfect dragonfly punch... this isn't it.  BUT, I very much appreciate Dixie loaning it to me to play with!  I'd love to find a dragonfly punch that is as cute as this one, only a little larger...but not too large.

For this card I punched the dragonfly in both black and yellow card stock and then layered them with 1/16" foam mounting tape.  I wanted to give the illusion of a shadow.  I embossed the base with the Cuttlebug "swirls" and used my new Stampin' Up "word punch" for the sentiment base.  The sentiment is from a Basic Grey "value" set.


Thanks for reading!  Now go get creative...

2 comments:

  1. I still vote for the green on the Hero Arts "Silhouette Spray" card! What a clever trick with the dragonflies! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pink one the best! Great job on this card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!