Tuesday, March 2, 2010

S&S Sunday Challenge #6

I made my mind up I wasn't going to get caught off guard this week when it came to the S&S Sunday Challenge!  Last week I missed the chance to get my card displayed with all the other beautiful cards.  I did, however, complete the challenge and you can see my interpretation here.

This is the 6th sketch challenged provided by Velda S.

While I like my interpretation (otherwise I wouldn't be posting it), I'm not sure I'm all that crazy about it. I originally started it with the thoughts of making it a Mother's Day card as well as the Challenge card.  But this really isn't for either my mom or my mom-in-law (I was going to use a different sentiment originally!).   It does, however, meet the challenge requirements.

Thanks for taking the time to read my posts.  Hope you have a great week.

10 comments:

  1. I'ma sucker for all flourishes. I love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card! The color scheme is beautiful and I love the accent of the yellow flower. Also, the brown paper that is "torn" adds a really nice effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to tear paper but this was actually just distressed with my fingernail! I rolled some of the edges and "nicked" some too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! I love the background DP and the flourishes you stamped! Nice job:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the colors, and the distressed edge is just a nice soft touch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that card, Wendy.. I'm still "stuck" on this one.. I love the shades of red

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, Wendy. You're two challenges ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Wendy! Love the colors you used and your flourishes. Great touch of color on the flower petals too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant, love the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!