Thursday, April 28, 2011

Same Sketch 66, New Midweek Throwdown

Today's card is my interpretation of this week's Stars & Stamps midweek throwdown... making an Any Hero card.

I'm not sure why, but I've always thought that Any Hero cards shouldn't be overly embellished.  Obviously I want it to look nice, but I try to always keep them gender neutral and somewhat "flat." This is about as flat as you can get!
To make the "thank you" sentiment stand out, I decided to mask an area so when I used my script stamp so it would leave a void.  Once I stamped the sentiment, it appeared to just be floating and needed to be grounded.  I tried to faux stitch around the sentiment but it looked extremely goofy.

I started over.  This time I masked outside the area for the sentiment using sticky notes.  Once I got the desired amount of distress stain, I removed the stickies and applied a mask on top of the distressed area then stamped my script stamp.  I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment.

Sentiment is Hero Arts and the red star paper is from Basic Grey's "Life of the Party."

Thanks for reading!  Hope you get a chance to get crafty!

**After thought/note to self:  A picture with each step might be easier to follow**

11 comments:

  1. Very elegant card and perfect for either gender. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, neat technique. I love the red paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! I always forget to use sticky notes for masking--thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great trick to add a fabulous sentiment! I love the colors and design of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the sketch for your Any Hero card! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card! I haven't tried masking yet but thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really like this card, nice and crisp. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so smart!! What a great solution for your sentiment! The final product looks great for either gender.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful anyhero card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! And I was there for the making! It looks even better in person. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!