Sunday, January 31, 2010

Welcome

Welcome my new blog that will be dedicated to my paper crafting! I will definitely be tweaking the look of the sight over the next few days.

A few months ago, I got involved with a wonderful organization called "Operation Write Home" (OWH). This organization has talented card makers all across the USA make cards for deployed soldiers. What we do is hand make a card front and leave the inside blank. OWH takes these cards and ships them to various military units so that our Heroes can, in turn, write back home to their loved ones. It has been so much fun getting involved with OWH.

OWH has recently started a "crafter's blog" called OWH Stars & Stamps. This blog was for us crafters to give us ideas, challenges, tutorials, etc. and is a great way to connect with other crafters.

Last Sunday was our first challenge and here was my inspired interpretation of the sketch that was posted. It was my very first challenge. I am not a crafter that keeps up with all the craft companies and any challenges they may offer. I really don't keep up with the latest and greatest products either. I leave that job up to my sister!

Speaking of the sis, she is also making cards for OWH and makes beautiful cards. Her scrapbooks are gorgeous as well. I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you wanted to look at her blog, My Corner Studio to see what I'm talking about.

I have another blog that I started around June of 2009 that I like to use more for cooking, traveling, talking about family events, etc. It's called "Party in a Box." Feel free to take a peek at it too.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! And I love that I'm the first to follow and post a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are too! It was almost like it was planned! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the blue header looks better with the gray.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!